Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for Stoeger 3000 owners

gunfighteruk

The Stoeger 3000's are soon to be available over here in the UK , for those American's who have them which Nordic or other brand/make extended tube adaptors have you used & was it straight forward to fit ?

Thanks a lot for any replys :cheers:

Edited by gunfighteruk

• 1 month later...

Got my M3000 in today and installed the Nordic +7. Pretty easy. Just took a little cutting and sanding.

I left about 14" of spring sticking out. 11 rounds fit in the tube. Will test it out tomorrow.

No rethreading of the tube for the Nordic extension?

Got my M3000 in today and installed the Nordic +7. Pretty easy. Just took a little cutting and sanding.

I left about 14" of spring sticking out. 11 rounds fit in the tube. Will test it out tomorrow.

Nope. No rethreading was necessary. I did have to cut off a little on the end of the tube and I did have to sand the threads on both the tube and the nut. i.e. sand then try, sand then try, etc. Once I got to the right point,,,, everything just went right together.

This was a lightly used M3000 from Gunbroker. The seller said it was bought new in September. It looks "as new" but supposedly has around 100 rounds through it. I gave $350.00 + shipping and figure they did me a favor my getting a headstart on the "break-in" and saved me $100.00!!!!

Nope. No rethreading was necessary. I did have to cut off a little on the end of the tube and I did have to sand the threads on both the tube and the nut. i.e. sand then try, sand then try, etc. Once I got to the right point,,,, everything just went right together.

This was a lightly used M3000 from Gunbroker. The seller said it was bought new in September. It looks "as new" but supposedly has around 100 rounds through it. I gave $350.00 + shipping and figure they did me a favor my getting a headstart on the "break-in" and saved me $100.00!!!!

Good info, thanks. Every day I'm a little closer to buying one of these...

Took it out this a.m. looking for "flying things" to shoot at. Didn't have much luck on a couple of "flying things". Had a bunch of 00 buck loads that have been laying around for years and decided to burn them up. Loaded up 11 + 1 + 1 and let my brother go with it. He trotted down a road with hedge trees on either side taking shots at hedge balls along the way.

The follower got hung up at one point,,,, looks like I need to go in and do some additional smoothing/polishing inside the mag tube. Other than that the gun ran great,,,, points nice, functions well, cycles fast. I think it will be a good 3 gun shotgun and will be able to be used on "duck and goose like targets" also. I cut a 23 1/2 long bamboo "plug" so it is limited to 2 in the tube for migratory "flying things".