Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR speed Belt

Steve Anderson

Got it in yesterday from dawson precision, got it all set up. It does make a difference from just a regular belt in two ways, at least for me.

1. Positions the holster more vertically than does a belt that is also holding up the pants. This allows greater speed and less drag from the holster.

2. Positions the holster and mags away from the body a little more, which causes less interference from the eternally untucking shirt, and just feels better.

This is my first 2-ply belt, so I can't compare/contrast any others, but if you're just using one belt, this is faster and better.

SA

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my CR rig the other day. Man, has this stuff changed since I quit 10 years ago!

Comparing this belt to a Safariland is a no brainer. Much more rigid. That and I REALLY like the fact that they put the soft part of the velcro on the inner belt. Now I can get out of my car at the range without having to push myself away from the seat with my hands...

Bill M.

You call this a holster?

(Edited by wmiller45 at 7:43 am on July 31, 2002)

Have to agree the CR is one nice belt .  The only problem that I found is that I bought the 012 Safariland holster and the CR belt at about the same time and didn't notice that the velcro on the two things is not compatible....

Mario

Erik-- I doubt it. I think this belt is fatter than the Safariland.

Addendum: I just used my new CR rig at a match yesterday. Worked real good. Especially on the stage where I had to sprint to a door and get inside before I could draw. Mucho better than my old 008....