Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

additional Crimp Die for 445 Supermag

gunboy

Just purchased a DW Custom Shpt in 445 Supermag (lengthened 44mag) and have a used carbide Redding 3-Die on the way. The 3-day has a crimp ring in the seater but there is a specific PROFILE Crimp Die offered as well. Is this a good idea to purchase as well? Any other 445 Supermag tips very appreciated.

Being a reloader and shooter of revolvers I have used the Redding Profile Crimp for many years (been reloading for 20+ years) and highly recommend them. I have found (through lots of chronoing and Ransom rest testing) they have made my reloads more consistent and more accurate. I use them to load .32 S&WL/.32 Mag, .38 Spl/.357 Mag, .44 Spl/.44 Mag, .45 Colt, .45 Auto Rim and .45 ACP that I load to shoot in my Revolvers.

Neal in AZ

Your welcome, I think these crimp dies are great. I do most of my loading on my Dillons (650 or 550's) so I just seat the bullet without crimping and then use the profile crimp as a seperate step.

Neal in AZ

• 4 weeks later...

Just to follow up I ended up buying a 4-die set from Lee for $30 (Midway) and have been incredibly impressed. I also own Dillons, Reddings, and Forster dies but the value on these i think is outstanding seeing that it comes with a roll crimp die and a shell holder. The rounds that it has produced have been as good as i could have made with other higher competiton sets.