Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more with arredondo knob loosens while shooting

alecmc

I've been having an issue with my standard *non click* c-more red dot with an arredondo knob on it loosening up while shooting to the point of it not being visable any more. I wound up having to put some back tape on it so it doesnt turn while shooting.

Is this a known issue with either the arredondo knob or c more? any solutions?

thanks

Edited by alecmc

The solution is to not use one. I had one years ago and got rid if it. You have more leverage and it wears out the knob tension. Also caused the dot to blink in and out because of the side pressure you can put on the knob. I have a click swith now.

When j had my original scope fixed. I would leave it on for the match and not put the wear on it turning it off and in all the time. Batteries are cheaper and easier to change than new scopes.

When I used that knob, it came with an o-ring to place over the switch and under the knob. That o-ring added a little tension to keep the knob from turning under recoil.

I have been switching over to the click switch versions and I too leave the switch in the 'on' position for the entire day.

I've been having an issue with my standard *non click* c-more red dot with an arredondo knob on it loosening up while shooting to the point of it not being visable any more. I wound up having to put some back tape on it so it doesnt turn while shooting.

Is this a known issue with either the arredondo knob or c more? any solutions?

thanks

The Arrendondo knob is sensitive to orientation. The recoil of the gun will slowly turn the knob, dimming the dot as the knob turns. When I install them, I press down lightly on the knob so that it slightly compresses the O-ring to provide tension and orient the knob so the lever is at about the 7 O'clock position as viewed from the top in the OFF position. That puts the lever at about the 6 O'clock position at full ON. Now the lever is in line with recoil and the knob doesn't turn.