Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remove safety on Supernova

Ludde

Hi All,

Can someone give some hints on how to remove the safety on the Benelli Supernova from the trigger housing.

I am going to make an enlarged safety and need to drill and tap the original one. I cannot seem to get the plunger pressed down far enough in order to remove the safety "button".

I have been successful in removing all parts from the trigger housing except the safety.

Regards, Ludde

Thank you for the reply.

I got the safety out. The trick was to use a small enough punch that still could take some sideways pressure.

I found it easiest to push the safety from the left side through to the right side of the receiver.

The problem now is that the safety is made of a really hard material. My regular drill bits and drill press did not like it. I'm thinking of taking the safety to a local lathe guy since he might have some better stuff.

there really is no need to make it bigger, I mod the gun so that you have more access to the button making it easier to push it rather than make it bigger. That issue is one of the SuperNova "improvements" that really isn't better for our uses, but in order to make it more user friendly you have to mod the gun.

Trapr