Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

accu shadow

curtis

Have 2 accu shadows from CZ Custom. First one i got great work. Second one not so good must have not went through quality control. I think i could have put the SRT 85 style trigger in better. Extra over travel. Trigger reset screw locked in and will not move. All and all a little disappointed in their work. THE first one shot about 3 inch high. Had to get new sights. But good news the guns are very accurate. Hope they improve Quality Control.

Have 2 accu shadows from CZ Custom. First one i got great work. Second one not so good must have not went through quality control. I think i could have put the SRT 85 style trigger in better. Extra over travel. Trigger reset screw locked in and will not move. All and all a little disappointed in their work. THE first one shot about 3 inch high. Had to get new sights. But good news the guns are very accurate. Hope they improve Quality Control.

Soooo did you contact them about it

Years ago, when I first joined BE, one of my first posts was a complaint about problems with a CZ I bought. Little did I know that they have awesome customer service and your best bet is to contact them with issues, not announce it on a forum.... Live and learn

Called on front sight had to buy a 6.0 front sight still high will have to order a 6.5. they did not seem to be very help full. So i figured that Y bother on a trigger that has pre travel and post travel. With a locked in post travel screw. You would think that 2 of the same guns with same sights would hit the same.

Called on front sight had to buy a 6.0 front sight still high will have to order a 6.5. they did not seem to be very help full. So i figured that Y bother on a trigger that has pre travel and post travel. With a locked in post travel screw. You would think that 2 of the same guns with same sights would hit the same.

They probably used Loctite to set the screw in place. You can always use a heat gun or hair dryer to loosen up the Loctite enough to adjust or remove and clean

No...you wouldnt...

The barrels are not hand fit and even then there are production variations between slides AND barrels...

The CZ, regardless of its price, is NOT a custom 1911, or even a semi custom 1911. The fact that they can be made as accurate as the AccuShadow is, is a testament to a good design.

I've changed every front sight on every cz I've ever owned. My loads don't match what they test with,115 factory I think. I also don't like the width of the sight they use. Is that their fault, nope.

As far as the trigger goes like others have said maybe it's just loctited. Heat it up.

All my CZ 75 SP01 Shadow's (I've had 4) came with 5.5mm hight front sights & needed to be swapped for 6.5mm high front sights. Some required a slight skim off the front sight height to come onto POA/POI. There were Australian compliant Shadows with Aussie length barrels, so this may/may not have an effect on POA/POI?