Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 Exercise

AikiDale

During the Area 5 class with Matt Burkett I learned my leftward tending shots (which really annoy me) were due to tension in my trigger finger pressing on the frame as I compressed the trigger.

Thanks for noticing Matt!

I have since tried paying attention to my trigger finger tension during shooting practice of course, but with little progress.

Recently I noticed I could also pay attention to the tension in the same finger while reloading. After a few thousand rounds I am finally training that errant trigger finger to relax when the rest of the hand is working.

I find my eyes always moving while reloading as well. From the powder check to see if the brass fell.

So Brian, do I have to continually reinvent the wheel here or will you give us a hint about other shooting while reloading practice?

While loading a single round - how many more specific things (than you listed) can you see?

At all times - how and what do you hear?

How much pressure do you grip the handle wtih, and how does each bullet feel as you pick it up. Can you keep track of what both hands are feeling at the same time?

Did you precisely locate the next or upcoming bullet while picking up the current one. (I found that to be one of the real tricks to speed.)

How much of the above can you be aware of "at once"?

Become aware of your mind's quality as you are effortlessly listening, feeling, and looking.

be