Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ85 Mods

Smitty79

I was wandering through the LGS and they had a CZ85B on the wall. Since trying my son's 75B, I have been interested in one of these. In looking at the competition work that can be done to CZ's, I was wondering if I can get the firing pin block removed and remain IDPA SSP and USPSA production legal, since a CZ 85 combat has no firing pin block? This would let me get the CZ Custom SRT. Is this legal?

Edited by Smitty79

Removing safeties is not allowed in SSP or Production. Sorry.

CZ-Custom can do the SRT mod with the firing block intact. It's not a drop-in modification so you need to send them the gun.

Edit: The CZ Competition hammer is the best bang for the buck. You might want to call the shop and see if you can get them to ship you the hammer with the strut and disconnector already installed. The hammer pins can be a pain to remove and it's pretty simple to swap if you have the entire hammer as an assembly.

You might also consider the CZ 85 trigger since it's cheap and has an over-travel adjustment. Buy an extra (or two) trigger return spring, trigger pin and a #9 pin. You might bugger up the old pin trying to get the trigger out and the spring can launch itself into space if you aren't careful. You can use the #9 pin as a slave pin to capture the trigger spring in the trigger during assembly. You can also take some tension off of the trigger return spring to lighten the trigger pull a little and make it easier to reinstall.

Good luck.

Edited by blind bat

Smitty, it's one of those things: the Shadows and pre B 75/85 pistol came from the factory without blocks so they're legal in Production, but a 75B with the block removed is illegal.

So the fact that they still ship a CZ85 without a FPB doesn't let me get away with this mod? Too bad. Sounds like a Combat trigger, a trigger job and some nice sights.