Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeders

I have the Hornady Bullet Feeder. Was it loud? Yes. But a $15 purchase fixed it right up. I bought some noise damping material at Advanced Auto Parts that you use in cars. You cut it to size and it sticks to where ever you place it. I'll get some pics up later.

Also, just like any bullet feeder they all need adjustment. My Hornady will drop 40 bullets a minute. That's WAY more than you will be able to load (2400 rounds per hour.)

The only down side is there is no cut off switch, so it does run continually.

This is a bit more in my comfort zone loading with the same machine. It is nice to speed it up to process the brass quickly, then load at whatever pace you want.

Video.

th_VID_20130703_140146_826_zps2548893d.j

so there is a big eccentric cam under the 1050 that makes the toolhead (ram?) go up and down?

If you watch an listen to the rotary videos above and this one of a PW http://s121.photobucket.com/user/jmorrismetal/media/VIDEO0116.mp4.html

You will hear less of the "clunk ...clunk" at the bottom of the stroke. This is where the rotary is better than the camming PW, I am working on a mod that will make the PW style will work without as much stress but need the kid to take a few more naps during non paying job time to put the parts I have together.

Edited by jmorris

• 3 weeks later...