Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dealing with Dillon

EricW

It just so happened that I need to make some mods to a set of Dillon pistol dies.  What I needed to know was the steel type so the machinist would know how to properly anneal & re-heat treat the die.  

Ugh!!  Who to call?  So I call Dillon's help line & explain what I'm up to.

"No problem!  Here's R&D..."

[stunned silence on my end of the phone]

Well, not only am I talking to the R&D guy, but they interrupted his break for me.  (Whoops.  Sorry...)  Anyway, I get the exact answer I'm looking for.  No BS.  No runaround.  All in two-minutes worth of phone time.  

If I had called any other company for similar information, I would have spent three days getting the runaround between dead ends and special authorizations to divulge their intellectual property.  

It's tough to put a price tag on that kind of service. It just made a tough week seem a whole lot better.  

E

(Edited by EricW at 4:04 pm on Oct. 25, 2002)

Here is another Dillon great service story.

I broke the rod that controls the primer bar on my 550 on Thursday. Called Dillon on Monday and received the new one on Wednesday (I live in Smyrna, Ga)!

Actually, I did not break it. My shootin pard was was testing out a new tactical technique the day before the State Match to see if he could beat me and he broke my press. Too bad for him, I already had all my ammo loaded.