Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger wont reset

Truegent2004

I was in Phoenix last week and had the sear spring on my STI replaced by Big Bore Custom guns, because the hammer was following. He said he used Colt sear springs becuase he thought they worked better. I thought this was strange for an STI appproved dealer/gunsmith to not use STI parts, but what do I know.

Not that I'm home in MN, I've shot about 300 rounds thru the gun and now the trigger is not resetting after I fire it. So I have to manually rack the slide to activate the trigger. Is this another sear spring problem??

I'm sure that someone with more experience than me can clear up your trouble, but did you mean your hammer is still following? If the trigger is not reset that has to mean that the hammer is down.

Here is something to look at........

I literally just had that problem in my single stack 45. This one particular magazine had a line where the halves of the magazine were joined....a weld line if you will. Anyway, that line was a LOT higher than on any of my other magazines. So this raised line was rubbing against the disconnector and therefore holding it in place - thus not reseting the sear.

I just merely dremeled that line flush with the rest of the magazine and my problem was solved.