Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trubor and a STI 22 conversion will it work?

450AK

I'm looking to put a STI 22 conversion on my 9mm major Trubor. I was wondering if any of you have done this and if it works with the mount and Cmore. And I'm kind of curious how far off your point of impact was if it did work. Thanks for you help in advance!

It will work just fine. I used a tac sol upper with a Quinn mount. You just have to take the top sight rib off of the .22 upper.

Was under the impression it would not work on a frame that had been cut for a fully supported barrel.

I wondered about that also. I'm trying to be cheap and not have to buy another frame right away. I just bought a 41 and really like it but want the feel of my open gun. Maybe I should of just bought a dedicated 2011/22. I mainly shoot steel.

It will work just fine. I used a tac sol upper with a Quinn mount. You just have to take the top sight rib off of the .22 upper.

Was under the impression it would not work on a frame that had been cut for a fully supported barrel.

I'm not sure why the frame cut would matter. I used mine on a frame cut for a w/n ramp. I used a tac sol upper but I believe the newer sti units are basically tac sol renamed. I could be wrong though.