Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 trigger?

If you like to do your own work or just tinker check out the .25 cent trigger job and just search for threads on glock trigger jobs. They are simple to work on and factory parts are cheap so if something gets messed up its not too big of a deal.

The Glock 35 should already have the Glock minus connector. You can change out the striker spring with a reduced power, about a 4.5lb and it will make a big difference. Probably get your around 3.5lbs, and still be plenty reliable.

I've had good and bad luck with Glock triggers. I have a Vogel trigger in one gun, and Salient in another. I've shot Carver triggers (which feel alot like the Vogel, very short but a little heavy). Zev make a good trigger, if you adjust it right. Vanek probably makes the best trigger on the market for your money, but the Salient is by far my favorite.

The thing I find with Glock triggers is everyone wants a 1911 trigger. And you'll never get one out of a Glock. Don't try to get a clean crips break, your better off with a soft mushy one if you don't wanna pull shots with the Glock platform. There is tons and tons of information online. So much so its confusing and sometimes misleading.

Here is my recipe, it has made one of the best Glock triggers I have felt in my Limited 35 and really close to the same but not quite there yet in my Production 35. I have had a number of other experienced shooters agree it is a good one. Good clean break, excellent reset. No light strikes, even with some limited TULA primer usage lately.

Both guns have a stock trigger but it has been buffed via the 25 cent process mentioned above, not quite enough on my Prod gun yet. I have Lightning Strike titanium strikers and safety plunger, reduced power plunger and striker spring and Ghost 3.5 connectors. 15lb recoil spring for major and 13lb recoil spring for minor.

I figured I would rather spend the money on the lighter striker and plunger to speed up the lock time a bit than on a drop in trigger. I also lucked into my Limited gun having the titanium parts in it when I bought it so had a chance to try them first.

I can't speak to trigger mods and rules, but...

I recently picked up a used Gen3 G34 that was a backup pistol. Detail stripped it and cleaned it. Simply scrubbing the carbon and unburnt powder off the trigger bar and connector and out of the striker channel made a noticeable difference in feel, but not really pull weight.

Watched the vids (in HD!) on Youtube for the 25 cent trigger job. I already had the Dremel, polishing wheel, and Flitz polish. The job takes about 10-15 minutes. You'll spend more time cleaning the gun than polishing. I topped it off with a dab of moly grease on the bottom of the striker safety plunger (where it contacts the trigger bar bump), the connector, and the parts of the trigger bar that contact the various parts of the trigger housing block (or whatever it's called).

Overall, I don't know if I would say it feels lighter, but it simply feels better. The stock G34 trigger pull is fine for me, but the grittiness is an annoyance, especially if I'm slowly pulling the trigger for a precise shot. The 25 cent trigger job cleaned that up.

I also searched to see if there was an aftermarket trigger group that would give a crisp break like a 1911 or CZ. As Lee said above, it's not gonna happen, so I'm not going to chase my tail. I also hate picky guns and detest unreliable ones, so futzing with springs and parts that may result in failures to fire is a no-go for me.