Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does EAA sell longslide conversions for the small frame pistols?

djb25

Hi everyone,

A couple of questions:

1) Does eaa import and sell longslide conversions for the older (or newer) small frame pistols?

2) If they do sell the longslides for the small frame, are they the newer style slides with the widely spaced slide serrations?

3) Do they sell the Limited or Stock conversions for the small frame pistols?

I realize I could call EAA, but I'm guessing I have a better chance of getting accurate info here on the forum.

I know there were some people saying that the large frame and small frame are externally identical, but that's not true. There is a significant difference between the size of the frames.

The slides are not compatible between the small and large frames.

I purchased on accident (not mine) a small frame .22LR conversion kit for my Match and the mags didn't work. When I phoned EAA up they (lady on the phone) seemed to think I just needed the large frame mags. I just sold the small kit and purchased the large kit to save on the restocking/shipping charges.

The space between the hammer and breech is longer on a large frame slide.

I have called EAA regarding small frame long slides and been told they do have some in stock, but I never ended up ordering one. I have seen a small frame long slide ordered from EAA which has the new, wide serrations, but I'll bet it would be a crap shoot.

The small frame slide will fit on the large frame and will even lock on, but it sticks out in the back a slight amount. I doubt the gun would function, though. I certainly wouldn't want to try it.

The space between the hammer and breech is longer on a large frame slide.

I have called EAA regarding small frame long slides and been told they do have some in stock, but I never ended up ordering one. I have seen a small frame long slide ordered from EAA which has the new, wide serrations, but I'll bet it would be a crap shoot.

Interesting, maybe I'll have to give EAA a call and see what they have.