Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WE G17?

Jps42

Have any of yall used this gun? I am trying to find a gun to practice with in my backyard. What would yall recommend for a good training pistol under 150 or so? I would like for it to be able to fit in my bladeteck holster, but if it doesn't I have other holsters I could use. I just want something that will hold up decent and not be a waste of money.

Yes I'm sorry to say but I have used it. If you have seen my other posts you will know that I have 4 complete stages set up at all times. I have purchased 4 of these to use as rentals for people who come in to shoot.

Magazine problems with not wanting to fire a complete load without running out of gas. That is a real pain for me when trying to get inexperienced shooters through a stage.

3 out of the 4 have broken barrels, they just seem to come apart with minimal usage. I sold the 4th one and am now only using 1911's

I have 2 complete guns with dead barrels if you get one of these and need parts. I can send pics of how they break if it would help you.

DVC

Larry

I have read about the barrel problem. I planned on ordering a aftermarket barrel with the gun. The reason I am not going with a 1911/2011 platform is because i shoot a glock 17 in production so i wanted the same grip angle. Have you tried using different brands of mags? Also, pictures would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jasom

• 1 month later...

I picked up a g17 and its not bad. They're is one issue I had and that the the slide would kind of stick when manually racking it. Quick solution I did was filing the rear of the frame area behind the roller. There was too much friction between the slide and receiver but doing this solved the problem. You will feel a little more recoil but its almost shooting a 22lr.

Also, I paid $150 from Evike. Came with 2 extra mags, 2 large cans of air and 5k bbs.

I have been using one for practice for IDPA, paid $100 from airplat. I used a Fobus paddle for a Glock 21 becuase it is too wide to fit into a holster for a G-17. I have not had any problem over the last three months.

• 4 months later...

I using WE G17 from airsplat. It is one of the cheaper Glock replicas at 100 USD. Magazines will run you about $20 per mag. I'm using .20 g BBs and propane to keep cost down. After about 7,500 shots, the hammer spring broke (Part G-22). Cost is about $3-4 plus shipping from evike and there are videos online to help you with the work.

As stated in the last post, the 9mm Blackhawk Serpa holster will not work with this pistol (holster is too narrow). You need to purchase the .45 cal holster for a perfect fit.

Here's my G17 in action.

• 6 months later...