Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

you guys are like a virus...now i'm infected!

jriggs

so like I said in my intro....I've been wanting to get into something competitive for a for years now and I've always loved shooting...so I decided to throw myself at USPSA and SC. instead of going out and dropping a kidney's worth of cash on a gun it seemed smart to run something that was already in the safe. enter my XDM...the pistol had about 5,000 rounds through it previously...and has been sitting in my safe with no love for about 2 years now. i'm going to run the gun in SC which is what it's really designed for. I hope to enter 2-3 USPSA matches this summer even though it won't make major power factor...i'm not to concerned with being competitive against others because I just want to go slow and learn the sport...i'm going to be fighting against myself for a few seasons anyway so I see no reason to be messing around with 9 major and everything that is involved with that.

so I tore her down...gave her some much needed TLC...and this is the result. I figure it'll be a great gun for me to cut my teeth on and it didn't cost me a ton to convert. obviously this is mostly a kit from Bobby Carver and the other parts like the magwell and mag extensions are PistolGear. i'm planning on sending the pistol out to Springer precision for a trigger job once I make sure everything is running smoothly and correctly (hopefully this weekend i'll get some trigger time to do that)

White Cerakote was done by Rick at KY Gun Coat and he did an awesome job as always! the black spatter paint was done by me and all and all...I think the gun came out looking awesome! I came up with the idea for the paint scheme while watching one of the Star Wars movies...what can I say..even though they are the bad guys...Storm Troopers are badazz!

here's the gun during last night's test fit....today i'll time the comp and bolt everything up...and then hopefully push a couple hundred rounds on Saturday.

XDmopen2_zps78c48221.jpg

XDmopen3_zps9f9b9e6e.jpg

XDmopen11_zps14f2a4e3.png

Edited by jriggs

Very cool looking gun. It should be able to make major fine if you wanted to in the future. The 2 port comp wouldn't be optimal but should work. 6.8 of auto comp with a 124 at 1.150 work really well out of my xdm ( with a 3 port com).

Have fun and get ready to show everyone your gun at the safe table it definitely is eye catching.