Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question on the long-slide conversion kits, Match sights and models

I pick up my third EAA Pistol Friday which is an EAA Limited Pro. I also have a Match and Hunter... all 10mm's. I should point out I also have a 1006 and Razorback 10mm. My plan is to leave the Hunter a 10mm, leave the Limited Pro a 10mm because EAA said they don't make conversion kits for it. I'm debating whether to get a 9mm conversion for the Match since I think the slide is a matte finish unlike my Match slide. I have debated selling the Match and just buying a Elite Limited in 9mm, but I don't do competitions. Too many 10mm's I guess and want a 9mm but don't exactly know the best platform or route to take. The Match I would part with for the Elite Limited in 9mm out of all the pistols.

Forgot the other question. Will the Super Sight fit the Match slide? I'm on my second stock rear sight and I think it's just a matter of time!

If your current slide has the little adjustable sight then no, it would have to be cut.

I'm pretty sure the long slide conversion kits come in matte blued and wonder finish ($10 more for the WF), although if you don't specify it's a roll of the dice. The good news is that the long slide conversions come with the super sight.

Also, if you simply buy a long slide 9mm conversion kit, it should fit all three of your pistols. You can also order a Limited 9mm conversion for an up charge which will come with a chrome finish, super sight and a cone lockup barrel. Your Hunter has the same frame as the Limited, only in a shiny blued finish.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Here is my Match 10mm. It has a Henning cone guide-rod, 20lb spring, flat bottom and Hogue grip. I guess the question is sell it and buy the Limited 9mm or just slap a LS 9mm conversion on this one and live with the Matte finish. I also hate the 10mm slide rear sight unlike the other two 10's with Super Sight.

post-48684-0-37969400-1373210514_thumb.j

Here is the Hunter 10mm. It has a Henning flat bottom, fiber front and aluminum grip panels and 20lb spring. I can't believe you can buy the 6" barrel but they don't offer the slide to match it! IFG Firearms gave hope in that area but are gone! Oh how I wish we could get the Canada versions!!

post-48684-0-76479100-1373210782_thumb.j

See I asked that question and was told it wouldn't head-space and work properly without the matching 9mm slide. Also, why couldn't I put the Limited slide that offered on my Limited Pro? I'm not understanding it all!

I pick it up Friday and will report back when I try it. The Limited non-Pro version is a bull barrel correct? That shouldn't matter to the Pro if you get the entire Limited slide assembly. I hate trying to get correct info out of EAA. When I get it all figured out I am going to have something!

I try not to use the term "bull barrel" when referring to Tanfoglios because there was a time Henning sold bull barrels to replace the cone barrel which comes in the Limited.

The factory large frame barrels are either "cone lockup" (Limited, Stock II, Gold Team) or "straight" with a consistent 15mm OD the entire length of the barrel (Limited Pro, Hunter, Match, steel, etc.).