Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPS Modified Gun

joaquino

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

duh...how do i do that? i resized it to 65% for this post. should i resize it to 50?

9mx

You can have bigger pictre like 4x6 and just set the image resolution to 72 dpi/ppi.

andreas,

where can we get the mag?

rich

9MX, I just built a modified gun just like the one in the picture you posted. I used a Caspian wide body instead of the S_I or SPS. I live in the States, We do not have modified div here. I built it because I like the concept of the gun. (rambling) I was wondering if you had the particulars of the gun. What loads are used? How does it handle? Right now I am using a 155 west coast bullet with 9.0 HS-6 gives me just under 170 pf. I am open to any load sudgestions (spelling). Thanks, John

my team mates use 7.4-7.5 gr of vihtavuori 3N37 powder and 180 gr copper plated heads

@John

I recently made a test lot with 180 copper plated .401 and .402 dia H&N bullets with 5.0grain N320 for my 4.5” three hole ported SPS modified blaster. PF was 174 and very soft and flat to shoot but the big problem I found with this type bullets which work usually perfect in my limited 5" gun (only difference is that I use 220grain for limited and 4,6grain N340) was that they are to soft and to fast so they are going straight thru the barrel without getting the rotation :angry: . Next week I'm going to try PMC 165grain FMJ-TC bullets which were recommended by the guy who sold me the gun... I'll post the results after testing

Cheers

Chris

BTW see the following threat

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18671

So the 180gr bullets are the way to go? I will have to try some. Have you guys played with lighter bullets? How did they copare to heavier ones? Love the input guys,please keep it coming. Thanks, John

I've tried some 155 grs.

It was way to loud to go for the PF and the accuracy was not what I expected.

I sticked with the 180 grs because it was the only thing I have to change between my standard load (170 grs and 5.7 grains of Vectan A1) and the Modified load (180 grs and 5.7 grains of Vectan A1).

It was that simple for me :D

The accuracy was pretty good and the load was clean.

A1 is a fast burning powder. I found that the pistol was nice to shoot and the ports were working good with that powder.

I think slower powder wouldn't work as well because of the short barrel's length.

A friend with the same set up, tried SP2, Ba9 and some Vihtavuoris and finally selected A1 and 180 FMJ too.

It worked ok and allowed me to rationalize my loads, same powder, cases, OAL, primers, different bullet.

9MX, I just built a modified gun just like the one in the picture you posted. I used a Caspian wide body instead of the S_I or SPS. I live in the States, We do not have modified div here. I built it because I like the concept of the gun. (rambling) I was wondering if you had the particulars of the gun. What loads are used? How does it handle? Right now I am using a 155 west coast bullet with 9.0 HS-6 gives me just under 170 pf. I am open to any load sudgestions (spelling). Thanks, John

my friend's load is 5.4gr N340 180 gr fmj. this weekend he will try 7.8 gr 3n37 187 gr head :)

• 2 weeks later...

Eye Cutter, Thanks for the posting. This Modified gun is built in a Caspian frame with all the goodies. The slide is still in the white, till I get all the bugs out.(Very soon now). 5grs of T.G. with 180 West Coast Bullet is the cats ass from this blaster.

As promised,

tested two loads with PMC TC-FMJ 165gr bullets, Federal SP200 Primers, OAL 1.160(1) 5.9gr N320 PF178 nice and Flat (2)7.1gr N340 PF 180 nice and flat too but very load.

Cheers

Chris

BTW Guns was the SPS Modified 4.5" 3 ports