Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help w/ Grams followers

mike g35

Can someone please post a pic showing me how to modify my Grams follower to keep the slide from locking back? I'm also having a problem with my last round not feeding but its my understanding this single modification will handle both issues. Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

(I'm sure you guys get tired of this question, I DID try the search function but couldn't find a reliable answer.)

I don't have one in front of me to post a pic with but I will attempt to describe it.

Look at the follower from above, specifically at the left side. You will see three areas:

1. at the front, a ledge that juts out to the left (this is what will engage the slide stop)

2. in the center, a straight area

3. at the rear, another ledge that juts out to the left

All you have to do is cut the front ledge until it is even with the center flat area. A dremel sanding drum works well for this, or if you want to take it slow just start with 150-200 grit sandpaper (files do not work well here). Once it's rough cut, go back with 400+ grit sandpaper to smooth it out.

The same procedure applies to Bolen/Taran followers, FWIW.

Brozos has a bunch of great articles and one of them talks about this.

http://www.brazoscustom.com/Home.htm

2005 - Slide Lock Back or Not?

There is a great picture of a modified follower. He angles it so it doesn't hit the slide stop, which if it works in your gun would probably be best. Personally I have a set of nippers and just nip off that angled part so it is in line with the indent. Next time I do some followers I may try the angled approch to see if that works in my guns.

Hey guys thanks for the help!!! I FINALLY nutted up and broke out the dremel. That issue is now fixed.

I only did one though, I've got a bunch of extra springs and followers on the way so if this one works I'll repeat the same mods on the others. If not I guess I'll have an extra spring if I need it. The slide definitely isn't locking back, question now is will the mag still feed reliably. Only one way to find out!!! I'll report back after my range trip tomorrow. :)

Edited by mike g35

Here's a pic showing two modified followers, a Bolen/Taran on the left and a Grams on the right. I have a giant pile of both that I've used extensively and the modification has never caused a malfunction, with one exception: a Rescomp 40 tube, which really seems to want the front ledge intact.

post-2700-0-83031800-1372536647_thumb.jp