Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Legal Holister

quedude

New to Single Stack and looking for a legal holster to compete with in USPSA single stack division. Need advice on what people are using because I don't have time to do the research for my self. Thanks in advance for you thoughts.

That's 3 for Blade Tech... Comp-Tac is good too.

I don't have a ton of experience with Comp-Tac, so I should keep my proverbial mouth shut, but the one I had was a very good holster but the Kydex seemed thinner and therefore not as sturdy to me compared to the Blade Tech. I ended up selling it. I've been shooting my Blade Tech 1911 holster for at least six or seven years now and it's still as good as new. Bought a similar one for my G17 as well as their IWB for the G17, and they're all top-notch. I also recommend their Tek-Lok mag pouches above Safariland pouches, which I also use, but the Safariland costs about half and does work great for the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Blackhawk Serpa. I always wonder if I'd be faster without having to push the button but I know it won't make enough difference and shooting better would make a better improvement.

I too out the piece of plastic inside my holster and it feels like the gun comes out smoother for me. The retention still works but it doesn't feel like the holster is holding on to the gun as much anymore.

I'm no pro at shooting comps but blade tech makes very Nice and heavy duty holsters that will hold your piece in place.very sturdy and rigid. I spend lots of time in the woods and given the amount of crap I find myself plowing through they have yet to let go of a pistol I'm carrying. with the proper draw they let go of my pistol with ease.