Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Somchem S321 Rifle powder, anyone with experience?

bajadudes

I recently came into about 300 pounds of this powder and wonder if anyone here has had any experience with it. All I read seems to say that it's an excellent .222, .223 and 308 powder that performance wise is slightly slower than IMR 4198 and VV N120, equal to Accurate 2230 and slightly faster than Hodgdon’s H322.

It appears to be a beautiful, very fine, spherical, double base,ball powder that would meter very well. I am including pictures and some tables I have found.

I am about to pony up my money to be a dealer in the classifieds and this along with some other powders ( Winchester 231, Some Western Powders like ram shot and similar ) and primers along with pistol ammo ( yes I am a lic and insured FFL-06 holder with over 25 years of pistol loading experience ) is what I would be offering for sale.

Please do not contact me about buying this until I am official on this site, I will polietly decline the offer. I like this site way to much to break it's rules. I just want to know if anyone has personal experience with the powder. I am also willing to give a few pounds to a member that lives nearby in NC ( I live in Raleigh and my manufacturing plant is in Erwin ) if they want to try it and report back to the forum.

Thanks and I hope this post breaks no rules.

s321e_zps40361172.jpg

s321d_zpsaa912f24.jpg

308-winchester_zps7e037817.png

223-remington_zps17fb5c50.png

222-remington_zps25d59f47.png