Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who gets the DQ?

CZinSC

Aside from the rule book, assume my carry gun is my match pistol also: where is a safe area for me to unload the firearm? In my vehicle prior to bagging it for competition?

The rule book is like the Magic 8 Ball, it contains all the answers. Sometimes we need help clarifying them, like what I posted above. Your inquiry however is easy to resolve.

Consult Rules 2.5.1 and 2.5.2

Edited by CZinSC

• 2 weeks later...

Most matches that would be a DQ since ranges for USPSA are cold ranges and cars aren't considered safe areas.

Some matches will make provisions with the MD to take you to a safe area and ULSC, best to check ahead of time at that MD.

Aside from the rule book, assume my carry gun is my match pistol also: where is a safe area for me to unload the firearm? In my vehicle prior to bagging it for competition?

Go directly to a match official and let them know you have a loaded gun and need to unload they will direct you to where they want you to unload and supervise you doing it

Per 2.5.2