Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6.8 SPC Super 1050 Conversion Kit?

And the answer, from the invisible "source":

Most of the brass does not have a crimp on the primer pocket but if he needs/wants to swage the backup expander for the 270 will work.

Dillon sku: 12069.

And the answer, from the invisible "source":

Most of the brass does not have a crimp on the primer pocket but if he needs/wants to swage the backup expander for the 270 will work.

Dillon sku: 12069.

Awesome, thanks for the info! As it turns out all my 6.8 is Federal and crimped and I have thousands of cases to work on.

• 3 weeks later...

I got in the 270 backup swage rod, it wont work, its too short to reach the bottom of the case for support. Probably the only wayu to do it is to order a 308 rod and have it turned down. Or if Dillon would make one for 6.8 :)

So hows the Federal brass ? Dillon can set you up with a backing rod set-up but it wont have the expander BTDT have the unit. If you can deal with no expander ask for Mike, I assume it wasn't Mike Dillon that hooked me up with it. I figure to use a Lyman M-dei for the expanding
HTH

I've been pleased with the Federal brass, its very good quality. I emailed Dillon about the 270 unit being too short and to send me a 308 backup rod to have turned down and they added it to my order. So maybe they didn't know about it, would you happen to have a part #?