Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Series

Allan & Jan's Customs

Haven't they been singing "God Bless America" in the 7th Inning Stretch at Yankee Stadium since 9/11?

I know the game wasn't played there, but I think the Yankees have been doing that for a little while.

Although I consider the Yankees the baseball equivalent of the evil empire, I respect the team and believe the organization and manager Joe Torre exude class. The Irish Tenor and God Bless America are part of the aura.

In times past, I think they had Met Opera singers and/or cantors (Sherill Milne (sp?)) sing the National Anthem. The Irish Tenor still holds his own.

While NL baseball is clearly superior for the thinking fan, I was born and raised in CT. Red Sox in seven.

Chris

THE ASTROS LOST! Does anyone really care who wins now?

Clemens is/was a great player, but when I heard he was going to start the 7th game for Houston I expected the Cards to be visting Boston.

I guess it would be nice if the Sox won, but the Cards have beat them twice in the Series.

I'm a "I'd perfer them to lose early in the playoffs rather then lose late" type of fan or anti-fan. Just like I was the last two times the Pats got in to the playoffs. Hmmmm?

Respectfully,

jdkelly