Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from SFL

sfl

Hello from North Miami!

Full time law student, realtor and gun enthusiast joining your ranks. This is the 6th gun forum I am on. Firearm interests primarily include revolvers and NFA items. I recently just got into skeet shooting and LOVE it.

See you guys around the boards!

Josh F.

Welcome to the best place on the net for gun talk. If you love skeet, you may want to try out USPSA or Steel Challenge competition.

Hey man where were you in SoCal? I just got back from living right outside of LA for 8 years. GOOD FOR US!!!

Welcome to the best place on the net for gun talk. If you love skeet, you may want to try out USPSA or Steel Challenge competition.

Hey man where were you in SoCal? I just got back from living right outside of LA for 8 years. GOOD FOR US!!!

Most if my 35 years was spent in the San Gabriel Valley and Inland Empire. Moved to FL at the end of '04. It sure is nice not paying all of those taxes and living under Liberal rule. I do miss the mountains and desert though.

Oh man , i miss the mountains and desert so much. You could basically shoot every day of the year . But i'm ecstatic to be back in so fla with my freedoms in tact . Where are you shooting at these days ?

Oh man , i miss the mountains and desert so much. You could basically shoot every day of the year . But i'm ecstatic to be back in so fla with my freedoms in tact . Where are you shooting at these days ?

I joined a club, South Florida Pistol Club that shoots quite a lot at Markham Park. For practice I like Okeechobee Shooting Sports Okechobee and in Deerfield a new range Gun World on Powerline. I just tried out a place named Pembroke range that allows drawing from a holster. Its an old range with limited a/c but the fact I can practice drawing and shooting makes up for it.

Ahhhh pembroke gun and range. It's an old school poorly ventilated anything goes range. I used to go there more often then i do now. I like the guys there but it's not the safest range . Less then a few months ago someone committed suicide there and you do sometimes get clientele that leaves much to be desired . But for down and dirty holster work , can't beat it. 12 bucks no time limit. I would recommend Nexus but right now i'm having a huge issue with a policy they have on charging you to pass a test so you are allowed to do holster work.

20 bucks to pass a test for holster work

20 bucks to pass a test for rapid fire work

20 for some tactical license that i don't know about

So until that practice is done away with i'm not recommending Nexus to anyone. It's a massive massive ripoff .

I need to go up to okeechobee with my long gun , i have a bolt action aics gun that i need break in. I'm hoping to get up to Universal shooting academy soon for 3 gun and action steel. I'm also going to try and make it out thursday night for markham if its not raining. I finally have a load worked up for my limited gun , so i'm good to go !

Let me know the next time you're over at pembroke , i'll see if i can meet you there. If not i'll hopefully see you at markham.

Ahhhh pembroke gun and range. It's an old school poorly ventilated anything goes range. I used to go there more often then i do now. I like the guys there but it's not the safest range . Less then a few months ago someone committed suicide there and you do sometimes get clientele that leaves much to be desired . But for down and dirty holster work , can't beat it. 12 bucks no time limit. I would recommend Nexus but right now i'm having a huge issue with a policy they have on charging you to pass a test so you are allowed to do holster work.

20 bucks to pass a test for holster work

20 bucks to pass a test for rapid fire work

20 for some tactical license that i don't know about

So until that practice is done away with i'm not recommending Nexus to anyone. It's a massive massive ripoff .

I need to go up to okeechobee with my long gun , i have a bolt action aics gun that i need break in. I'm hoping to get up to Universal shooting academy soon for 3 gun and action steel. I'm also going to try and make it out thursday night for markham if its not raining. I finally have a load worked up for my limited gun , so i'm good to go !

Let me know the next time you're over at pembroke , i'll see if i can meet you there. If not i'll hopefully see you at markham.

I will for sure. I hope to shoot at Markham Park with the SFPC this Thurs as long as it stops raining. I'm the tall guy, just yell Corey and that will be me.