Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok, I asked it before but I'll ask again....

mas

A singlestack doesn't give me enough bearing surface to wrap my paws around the grip in a comfortable manner. I don't have big hands, but the feel of a singlestack is "awkward." I'm always trying to figure out exactly how to get my hands wedged onto the darn thing.

Me too. Pinnacle make a "double stack" grip adapter for a single stack gun that increases the grip size. I really like the wider grip.

A singlestack doesn't give me enough bearing surface to wrap my paws around the grip in a comfortable manner. I don't have big hands, but the feel of a singlestack is "awkward." I'm always trying to figure out exactly how to get my hands wedged onto the darn thing.

If you can find somebody sporting grips that has a flat surface instead of the traditional singlestack rounded ones, try it. ;)

MAS, I am 125 lb, very small hand, and use PARA P14. Hope to have some money and move to .40 either PARA or STI. I feel less recoil with .40, and I don't know why its feel like that. Same 175 PF, 230 grain for .45 and 180 grain for .40, by all calculation of force, momentum etc., the .40 have faster action so it should release more energy and also more recoil force. But, I feel the opposit way. I have trouble with GLOCK 21, way too big grip and real hard to control the recoil.

mai

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update....getting close to fully understanding the problem. It appears that when I point my thumb and cam my wrist, it's as if I'm rotating the support hand forward, like a twisting action....it's apparently so ingrained (i.e., this twisting action), that I almost can't help it. When the gun recoils, the support hand stays in place and the gun flips out from the rear.....getting closer to understanding it. Just need more range time to figure it out, I guess. Comments appreciated!