Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

US Law Shield / Texas Law Shield is sponsoring your Texas BBQ Dinner at the match this year as well as the R/O - Sponsor Dinner on Friday!

100% CRIMINAL & CIVIL LEGAL DEFENSE COVERAGE (no coverage cap)

MINOR CHILDREN COVERAGE

MULTI STATE OPTIONS

24 HR EMERGENCY HOTLINE (answered by an attorney 24/7)

Very reasonably priced! (avg. $11-$13 per month)

Everyone who carries a firearm for self defense or has firearms in the house NEEDS this coverage.

http://www.uslawshield.com/texas/

Use discount code: walkingdead (all one word /all lower case) at check out for even better discounts.

Sorry, this is my first big match and my first night match, so I have a couple questions. Newbe advice appreciated.

It looks like some of the stages have house equipment, but I assume we still bring our own ammo for those? I guess it needs to be a specific caliber?

Any idea what the round count is for something like this (ballpark)?

Any other costs besides the entry fee, equipment, ammo, and travel that I should consider before committing?

Hey Rizzo. Welcome!

Ammo:

250 handgun, 250 rifle, 100 bird should do it. We are working on a handgun and rifle ammo deal for our competitors (will keep you posted)

Where stage weapons are to be used the ammo along with the weapons will be provided by the vendor (AAC) so dn't worry about that part, we have you covered.

Lights and lasers of your choosing. (Streamlight now makes a great weapon mounted light / visible green laser that we are running (STREAMLIGHT TLR2G). Headlamps are strongly recommended along with extra batteries for everything.

We have discounted match hotel rates for our competitors. We offer a free Texas BBQ dinner for our competitors. Once you sign up post your travel plans on this forum or on our match F.B. page, might find someone willing to car pool or travel with to save money.

The 3 Gun community as a whole is great about helping get new competitors into the sport. Even the pros will help ya bud. Just ask 'em.

Call or email us with any questions. Hope to see you there.

Rogue Holster is our latest stage sponsor!

www.rogue-holster.com

Shane will be folding your custom "Light Bearing" holsters, on site the day of the match prior to the start!

Match Special:

Discount Code "Walking Dead"

Light Bearing Holster

Normally $95 / Match Special $75!

Light Bearing Holster + double mag holder

Normally $140 / Match Special $100

Email Shane at:

rogueholster@gmail.com

Prior to start signal of each stage we are allowing headlamps on, weapon mounted lights and lasers turned off. This way your eyes are getting adjusted (safety) and you can see your "Switches" LOL.

We have a LIMITED supply of 150 lumen headlamps that have high/low/strobe functions and tilt/ angle/ focus head.
These are $35! Call if you would like me to hold one for you.

Hi All, I am registered for this match. This is my first night match and so I'm trying to get a decent setup. I bought a couple of the Veridian CL5's, one for the rifle and one for my shotgun.

question- if I'm running a laser/light setup on my rifle, should I just run it without the scope?

TIA,

I'm really looking forward to the crazy event!

Neil

Hi All, I am registered for this match. This is my first night match and so I'm trying to get a decent setup. I bought a couple of the Veridian CL5's, one for the rifle and one for my shotgun.

question- if I'm running a laser/light setup on my rifle, should I just run it without the scope?

TIA,

Neil

Lasers are better than anything for up close point shooting, awkward positions and shooting on the move. They start to suffer when you need accuracy not because of the laser but simply because you can't hold them perfectly still like we like our sights to be. It's like the wobble you see in your scope when the magnification is up on the high end. Only lasers accentuate the wobble even more. So my point is the accuracy requires of the head shots only coupled with the odd zombie targets that don't have a distinct scoring area require accuracy. I am assuming I'll be using my scope more than my laser on my rifle as a result.

TIA,

Neil

Lasers are better than anything for up close point shooting, awkward positions and shooting on the move. They start to suffer when you need accuracy not because of the laser but simply because you can't hold them perfectly still like we like our sights to be. It's like the wobble you see in your scope when the magnification is up on the high end. Only lasers accentuate the wobble even more. So my point is the accuracy requires of the head shots only coupled with the odd zombie targets that don't have a distinct scoring area require accuracy. I am assuming I'll be using my scope more than my laser on my rifle as a result.

That makes sense. I'll keep the scope mounted then. I just need to figure out where to mount the laser/light now on my JP.

Thanks, Jesse!

Match Rules and current squad lists have been emailed. Check your in box gents.

Under 'General' on page one the rules state that optics are allowed on all three weapons platforms, but for handguns, 6.3.1 (a) states "Electronic sights, optical sights, extended sights, compensators and suppressors are prohibited."

Can you clarify which one is correct? Thanks!

Edited by doubleaay78

Yes. Overlooked that one detail. Optics are allowed on handguns as well. No comps or porting that would cause a gained advantage. Thanks for catching that.

Guess I'm shooting my Glock without the comp instead of the $4000 steel 2011 gun I built for the other night matches.

Yeah Jesse. With only one division we gotta keep it fair for the regular guy...with his regular gun. You will do great I'm sure.

Hopefully we will have more interest in an open division next year. See you in a few weeks.

A comp doesn't do much to a 9mm minor gun. The big advantage is a dot and a laser.

The easiest way us to let it all be open. If you got it run it. Talent still wins out. I had a 32 round shotgun and two pistols and couldn't beat Horner at the big crimson trace night match.