Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

147 lfp

bodene 5

There is no reason that bullet wont work if the sizing and harness of the lead will work with your barrel. Almost any load that will work with moly or jacketed in the same weight bullet will work with the lead but you may be able to reduce the load a couple of tenths and still get the same velocity. Some powders like Tightgroup may produce more smoke than others with lead, so keep that in mind.

Mike

I recently tested some 147gr FP moly coated lead. I used WST at 3.2, 3.5, and 3.6gr. From a G17, I got avgs of 850, 896, and 917fps in 10 shot strings.

I use 3.9 grs Unique for my 147 gr LFP's in my Glock 17 & 19 with great results. (Lone Wolf barrels).

I have load data for using VV N320 and Alliant American Select...but due to my work schedule and match schedule I probably won't be able to get those tweaked out until sometime in June.

I shot a thousand of these last year as an experiment. Used Solo 1000. Don't remember the powder charge weight. They shot OK but ran kinda smoky from the lube. I went back to jacketed 147s.

• 5 months later...