Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more for a 45-70

raz

I know this is far from an open gun, but my dad is 78 and wants to shoot a deer with his 45-70 contender pistol. I want to pick up a c-more for him.

I thought I would ask the experts for some advice.

1. Which c-more would you suggest?

2. Which size dot?

3. Which switch?

4. Where is the best place to purchase?

thanks, for your input!!

My personal advice would be to pick up a small tube dot, Aimpoint preferably, but there are others that should work. If going with a heads up dot then yeah, something with a solid structure like a Burris, Cmore RTS or similar. I would avoid the serendipity type Cmore as the front lens structure is not as strong as other designs and likely to be damaged while in the bush. And go with a 2 Moa dot. The bigger dots are fine for speed but for hunting at various distances I'd like the smaller dot for precision.

Hunting deer with a 45-70 Contender, especially at 78 years old, probably would not be a long range endeavor and a little larger dot at his Dad's age might be more "seeable".

You might have your Father look thru a few and see which size might suit him best.

I know this is far from an open gun, but my dad is 78 and wants to shoot a deer with his 45-70 contender pistol. I want to pick up a c-more for him.

I thought I would ask the experts for some advice.

1. Which c-more would you suggest?

2. Which size dot?

3. Which switch?

4. Where is the best place to purchase?

thanks, for your input!!

I would not trust a Cmore to hold up on something like that. Get an Aimpoint.

pat