Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carver Competition Mount. (ejection port)

KyalSharpe

Hi guys, first of all i am new to this site so i am sorry if i am in the wrong section. moving on,

I have recently purchased a carver competition mount for my glock as i am shooting open class. i was wondering if any of you guys have done the same thing and could give me some insight on what you done to the ejection port eg,

Lowered it (how much by? Did you keep the original angles?)

Didnt lower it (gun cycled fine without lowering the port)

Also, what holster do you use?

Thanks

Carver can lower your ejection port and do it right. He did mine and installed the sjc mount on my backup glock and it never chokes with the ejection port lowered the full size cmore is a much better option than the sts

I shoot for Carver. If your using the standard competition mount with the CMore SlideRide you'll need your ejection port lowered. If you want you can use the mini-rail / STS combo and you won't need to lower the ejection port at all but the STS has a very limited field of view. Bobby has begun making RTS mounts now, the RTS gives you a similar FOV as the SlideRide but has the added advantage of being a "micro" red dot that mounts to a mini-rail and doesn't require lowering of the ejection port. In other words, best of both worlds. My G34 with RTS mount should be finished soon. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Just a heads up. Carver M&P mounts and magwells will be available VERY soon. For you M&P guys out there. I'm waiting on those as well. :)