Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness Classic 2

jedmyers

I'm a big fan of the Witness pistols, my only question is: what's the difference between a Witness Classic and a Classic 2???

Here's my understanding of the Witness line, if I have anything wrong someone please set me straight or fill in any gaps:

The European American Armory Witness line replaced the TA-90s imported by Ecam (preceeded by the TZ75 '88 series imported by FIE or 'Firearms Import and Export')sometime in the late 90s, early 2000's (?) which were all CZ75 clones available in small frame (9mm/.40 S&W) and large frame (.38 Super/10mm/.45ACP). Then in 2005, Witnesses in all calibers were imported to the US in large frames, allowing for conversion to all calibers with the same frame size. Later (year?) the small frames came back as the 'Witness Classic'.

That's what I know, anyone else want to chime in?

I know early on EAA brought in both large and small frame guns. But then decided that was too complicated and stopped importing the small frame guns for a while.

I believe the classic 2 is a large frame gun, from the pictures I saw of them on gun broker.

Mike