Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HWS with magnifier or 1-4 scope?

DrLove

folks, I'm preparing for my first 3-gun match (which happens to be a big match with about 200 shooters).

Anyway, I'm planning to shoot tactical optics and need to decide either to use my eotech 512 and magnifier or get some 1-4 scope. Any ideas?

folks, I'm preparing for my first 3-gun match (which happens to be a big match with about 200 shooters).

Anyway, I'm planning to shoot tactical optics and need to decide either to use my eotech 512 and magnifier or get some 1-4 scope. Any ideas?

shoot what ever u shoot best meaning what can u use smoothly w/o a lot of confusion on the clock in a running match against a clock

i have shot both and a lot of outlaw.fr benning and all the rock castle's. i am not a major player but use a lot of my work gear i shoot eotechs in comp but use aim points at work.(security company on govt contract)

remember in a stress situation u will do what u have ALWAYS DONE

hope this helps. good luck

jjw

I'm no authority but I think the stages would dictate your optic choice? If its a lots of 300+ yd shots I'd reconsider the red dot/magnifier idea and go with a 1-4x.

We were practicing for a match and my buddy was shooting a red dot with a 6x magnifier and he was not good from 300-500yds. I will say it was a Primary Arms house brand so I'm not familiar with it. I think he went to a straight 6x.

I shot a Millet 1-4x for awhile and did well with it. It is way better than his red dot and 6x. I recently switched to a Burris MTAC 1-4x and its much better than the Millet. It is less sensitive to head placement and since 3 gun is usually lots of different shooting positions that is a big plus. I really like it, good hits to 500yds. We'll see how I do <25yds with it this weekend. I'm old and wear glasses and in hindsight I wish I'd gotten the Vortex 1-6X for the added 2x. But I'm divorced, no kids and a good job so while I can swing the $, it might not fit everyone's budget.

Edited by bigblock455