Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rockcastle monthly USPSA club match - April 27

Finally, it's good shootin' weather!

The weather is warming up and so is our April match!

Minimum round count is 162, spread across SIX stages. Count 'em. Go ahead, I'll wait. That's five at the top of the hill, plus Doe Valley (which seems to be very popular).

The stages look awesome (and challenging!) There's no classifier this month, so no sweating the 'hero or zero' runs.

Last month we had a good turnout; with several new shooters too. I hope we see more this month, with the warmer weather!

Signup begins at 9:00 am CT at the Lodge in the front room. Registration is $20. The match will start at 10:00 am CT; shooter's meeting and squadding will take place at the bays up top.

C'mon down to the ROCK and shoot with us!

Edited by Anopsis

Hey Guys,

Got a great match for you this month and hopefully some really nice weather. Rest assured there will be classifiers in the coming months. Trying to keep high round count and not have such a slowdown in the two stage bay.

See you at the range,

Sue

Trying to keep high round count and not have such a slowdown in the two stage bay.

I'm all for avoiding that bottleneck. No one likes waiting for a squad to move on to the next bay.

See you guys in two days! Edited by Anopsis

Good call, I'd also encourage everyone to enforce squad sizes, at least somewhat. Having a six man squad behind a fourteen man squad is no fun. I'm coming down and even bringing my bow, maybe I'll try the archery course after the match.

Will try to keep the squads more even. You are right a six man and fourteen man squad should not happen.

Stages finished and ready to go. Looks likes we are going to get some rain. We have easy ups to put up to help keep us dry when we are not shooting and the Rockcastle staff has been putting down mulch today in shooting areas and various other area to get us good footing. I don't know many USPSA shooters that haven't shot is the rain and we still have fun. Plus we have a great place to get warm and dry after the match at the hotel restaurant.

Hope to see you at the range,

Sue :)