Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sluggish Reset and Tougher Mag Insert

Sin-ster

Related issues, surrounding the magazine spring screw?

I don't have time to play with it tonight, but I was hoping for some thoughts.

If I hold the pistol with the muzzle up, the trigger will fail to reset in SA. It's super-gritty reset in DA. (The thing needs a detail cleaning for sure, but still...)

I also ran into an issue at a Major this weekend, where I didn't seat the magazine all the way on a reload. Compared to the gun's twin sister, it's notably stiffer as it overcomes the mag catch.

Could the aforementioned screw have worked loose on me?

strip the slide and clean the lower. if the screw backs out and there is insufficient trigger bar spring pressure, the trigger bar will submarine under the sear leg. don't know about the mag catch, probably really dirty. is the button harder to hit? unless one leg of the trigger bar spring came out from under the trigger bar. just take a quick look at it.

Well, update:

Not sure what the mag insert deal is, but a thorough cleaning of the frame and trigger bar fixed the reset issue.

Yeah... 12k+ is about the limit before a detail strip is needed; at least in this gun, with this powder...

I checked that before disassembly; flashlight through the magwell with the grips and top end removed. They were in place, for sure.

The frame and outside of the trigger bar were so sticky with grime, and there was so much solid gunk built up (that was probably shearing every now and again and getting trapped between the two aforementioned surfaces), it's amazing the gun ran as well as it did, for so long.