Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Its' back--

Piney

Finally-- it's back. I've been a bit of a slump of late-- poor shooting (OK sloppy...). I stopped for a couple of months. When I started again- sloppy again.

Finally-- I decided to stop worrying about the score, the time, others' shooting. I knew this--I had just stopped listening to myself and was focusing on the environment surrounding me.

I finally felt it again the other day ! I left the office early so wasn't rushed, driving through the traffic. When I got there, I didn't pace around, checking the stages. I just yacked with folks. I looked over the stage once, decided how I was going to shoot it, then stood back. No watching others-- considering how they performed , then changing my plan.

When it was my turn to shoot, I walked up to the line-- BEEEEP-- bang bang bang and poof it was over. I realized that I didnt quite feel I had done anything. It felt as if I should have kept moving and shooting the next target. I remembered that past "proper" feeling-- calm-- focused-and suddenly--done-- as planned.

The remaining stages felt the same-- focused, shot, and done. No hurrying, but still fast. No worrying about the shot, but still seeing it/feeling where it hit.

Yeah ! Thanks to all the folks here --reading through these threads always helps put me back on the path!