Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow SDP

mjs408

I am looking at purchasing a Shadow SDP from the Custom Shop. When I look at the other pistols available from the custom shop how does the SDP differ from the Shadow SA/DA besides the grips and the heinie slant pro? I have a SP01 custom target for the shop and want something a bit lighter.

From a buyers perspective - when I went to CZC a few months ago stock was understandably low due recent events. Only ones in stock were an SAO and an SDP. I was looking for the DA Shadow. I wanted something that would work for USPSA & IDPA. I went with the SDP and had them put a fiber optic sight on the front but leave the rear sight alone. I couldn't be happier with it. I found I prefer the Heine rear sight which has a white dot with tritium at the bottom of the notch to the normal all black rear sights. Now I just put the red dot on top of the white dot and pull the trigger.

I have a SP01 Shadow Custom Target from the CZC shop. I really like it, it shoots amazingly well. The only thing I dont like about it is hauling it around all day as its a tank. Im looking for a standard shadow to put in the stable to lighten the load. Granted I dont need a pistol from the custom shop, but the quality is so nice.