Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Roller Bracket Shell Platform (550)

This part #14280 Roller Bracket Shell Platform (550) is getting very loose. When this happened a couple of years ago, on my other 550, I had to send it back to Dillon to be adjusted correctly.

Right now, it's really loose, I'm trying to get some ammo made for the Battle this weekend.

Is there a safe way, to tighten it? I don't have the time to send it back to Dillon.

Help please

Mine Just Loosened This Weekend. I Was Able To Tighten The Two Screws Underneath That Holds The Plate In Place. I Didnt Realize Those Two Screws Were There And My Press Is About 15 Years Old. I Began Having Problems Sliding Cases Into The Shellplate, Started Checking, And This Was My Problem.

atbarr,mine loosened up after many years of use as well,I was able to use a long 1/8 allen wrench to reach from underneath the platform to retighten,beware, that if you remove the platform from the main shaft you need the alignment tool from Dillon to realign the platform to proper specs. they will send you on request.

Edited by aug1911

Yep. I Think I Actually Used A Small Pair Of Pliers On The End Of A Long Allen Wrench. They Definitely Were Not Placed To Be Accessed On A Regular Basis. But After Tightening Once In 15 Years, Im Not Complaining. :)