Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new XL650 need advice

usmc90

Had one ordered from dillon and then i get a call from my favorite gun store/ reloading supplier..He says the loader i was wanting showed up .XL650 (oh joyious day) ..LOL

anyway he had gotten 2 of them in its just they were both in .308 so i bought one of them along with some 308 dies ..(since i had just acquired an LR.308 the week before (how fortunate..lol)

I've been loading on a T-MAG II turret press and a rockchucker supreme so i already have about all the dies i need ..so i start setting up my new blue addiction i find that my usual 3 die set-up isnt going to workout as expected.. seems it would be easier for me to either A) get all new dillon dies or B) get either seating or crimping only dies as my fourth die since the powder die already bells my pistol cases.

So what are most of you doing/using for this ??

Does anyone have any dillon die sets or individual dies they might like to part with..

thankfully i have found a good source for all my reloading needs..he seems to have it when noone else does and at before panic prices...

You can still use your existing die sets, but you will want to adjust the seat/crimp die so that it only seats and then buy a crimp (only) die from Dillon or Lee to put in station 5 on ur 650.

This allows for fairly consistent OAL of finished rounds even with brass that isnt perfectly uniform in length.