Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 SC load using N105/115gr Jhp nosler

Recon'sHide

Hey guys, did the search and been browsing however not completly finding all the info.

I would like some confirmation using coal ? 1.235/115 gr jhp nosler with Vit N105 out of a middy comped 4 popple holes race gun and starting with 10.5 grains?

Appreciate your help and knowledge,

Regards,

David

I dont use the 115 but My load is N105 10.4 grans, oal 1.235, wsr primers with hornady haps 125. This is with a Brazos open with 4 popple holes. I get 172-173 power factor. I dont see any pressure signs with this load.

The dot trackes very well. It does not leave the c-more lens.

• 2 weeks later...

I tested a few hundred Zero 115 gr jhps in my .38SC with N105. Gun is a 5" with no holes. 11.0 grains at 1.235" oal and a Fed SR primer got me 169 pf. I really liked how the load felt and tracked but the damn case was full almost to the top. No pressure signs at all. I load on a Dillon 650 so I had to be very careful or my 11.0 grain charge would be 8.0 grains haha. Needless to say N105 and 115s are a no go for me just cause its a PITA to load with such a full case. Tried some Silhouette and 115's and I like the combo. Currently on the fence between 115s/121s but thats another story.

Yup, pita for sure but I am learning on my 550 that if I place a bullet on the case after I throw the powder before advancing it to the bullet seating stage and am careful, then I don't loose the powder...but I know what you mean and time will tell as it always does.

The 5 inch with 4 popple's and comp make it a loud blaster! Personally I like the rapport.

Thanks,

David