Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Locking Block Pin

lndshrk

Have had my G34 for about a year and have over 20,000 rounds through it without a problem, flawless. In the last couple of weeks, have had to replace the locking block pin three times after noticing it was creeping out the right sight and was broken in half. Never happens during or after a match, but only after doing several bill drills back-to-back and one night after a stake shoot (i.e. rapid shooting with much heat generated.)

Gun has never stopped working, but for the fact that half the pin was sticking out.

Anybody else have this problem and have any idea what to do. Luckily the pins are about $2.95 each and are easily replaced. But WHY?

My slide stop is totally stock and un-modified and does not show any signs of excessive wear. Hole on SS looks normal.

Pretty certain the slide stop is locked in by the trigger pin, not the locking block pin.

Locking block looks O.K. but will examine with more scrutiny to make sure.

Oops...my err (again). That's what I get for not pulling the gun out of the safe to look at before I blab.

If you're breaking the plain round pin, I'd be looking hard at the locking block and the old pin(s) to see how the fracture is starting. It might be as simple as brittle pins/undersize pins. It might be worth the long distance to Smyrna to get a more qualified opinon.

Pretty certain the slide stop is locked in by the trigger pin, not the locking block pin.

from what i recall; if you own a 9mm glock, the trigger pin is the locking block pin. But if you own a 40 s&w there is a seperate pin for the locking block.