Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

me or the gun

fishhunter3

been shooting revo for the last 6 months getting ready for nationals, everything is coming along went from a 32% classifier score to a 58% in 3 months and starting to shoot with the local Ltd guy as of late, I am starting to notice the gun locking up and I have to push the trigger forward a bit (not even enough that you would notice) I don't think I'm fully resetting the trigger. replaced the springs with a new Wilson spring kit and used the 13# rebound spring. everything else looks good. I can sit here and dry fire and get it to lock up but if I focus on trigger reset all is well and work fine, I think I'm just trying to push to hard

If the trigger is hanging up going forward that last little bit you need to recheck the balance of your springs.

You will need to go up in weight on the Rebound Spring or down on the Main Spring. There is a minimum balance that is needed and it's usually best to have more Rebound Pressure than needed.

The issue is caused by the Rebound Block not having enough spring pressure to overcome the Hammer due to the Main Spring pressure on the Hammer. And the Rebound Block is what pushes the Trigger forward.

Don't confuse that with not releasing the Trigger all of the way though. On many Revo's if you don't allow the trigger to go fully forward, and then try to start the next pull, you will hit a spot that will catch and lock up right at the start of the pull. It is due to the Trigger Nose contacting the Cylinder Stop, without allowing the Cylinder Stop to reset over the Trigger Nose. Other Revo's will allow the Cylinder to turn but won't cycle the Hammer at that point, that's called short stroking.

Some combat those 2 issues with either a lighter or heavier rebound spring. I say either because everyone is different, most will go to a heavier spring, but that always seems to make the problem worse for me. Most of the time an Action Job smooths out the Trigger Nose and Cylinder Stop to take out the hitch, but there's no way to eliminate short stroking.

Edited by pskys2