Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max Tactical Bolt Release

FastIndy

I'm looking at setting up a Versamax Sportsman for 3-gun. The way I figure it, I can be out the door for around $1200 with the Carbon Arms mag tube, C-rums lifter, and some miscellaneous sight work. My question concerns the stock Remington bolt/lifter/feed release. On the Sportsman model it looks like the release is not tapped for an oversized button. I'd like to run an Arredondo button so I can contour/stiple easily.

Is there a separate part number for the Tactical shell catch/button? Or am I going to have to drill/tap the stock Sportsman part? I looked through the parts listing and can't find any differentiation between the Tactical and Sportsman model.

I have a 26" synthetic that I just put a nordic button on.

If you have a drill press it is very easy to drill it. If you remove the shell stop. The back side of the button is dimpled in the center and centers the drill bit perfectly.

The reason I went with the nordic is impost of the rectangular buttons require the factory button to have flats milled in it so the rectangular button can not rotate. This is not an issue with the round nordic unit.

As a Side noethe reason I did not buy the sportsman is.the synthetic gives a nice grippy stock set that is fully adjustable and better sights. I paid less than 1100 including transfer and remington has a 100 dollar rebate right now

I started out with an M2 and the button, after several trashed stages that I could blame on the button I now run with out one on my guns. But my Versa Max came with one and I have not decided yet if i am going to remove it.

If the bolt lock back durring a stage your not paying attintion to your shooting and loading. = Train smart , Train hard

I have a 26" synthetic that I just put a nordic button on.

If you have a drill press it is very easy to drill it. If you remove the shell stop. The back side of the button is dimpled in the center and centers the drill bit perfectly.

The reason I went with the nordic is impost of the rectangular buttons require the factory button to have flats milled in it so the rectangular button can not rotate. This is not an issue with the round nordic unit.

As a Side noethe reason I did not buy the sportsman is.the synthetic gives a nice grippy stock set that is fully adjustable and better sights. I paid less than 1100 including transfer and remington has a 100 dollar rebate right now

Thanks for this! I purchased a 26" Versa Max 2 days ago and didn't know about the rebate. Filling out the rebate form now.

Thanks, I forgot about the rebate! That puts the Synthetic in line with the Sportsman and will save me from messing with the front sight, plus I get the chokes and the adjustable comb.

Base Gun: VM Synthetic, $1060 @ Grabagun

Parts

• Carbon Arms 9rd VersaTube $195.00
  • Nordic Bolt Handle $30.00
  • Nordic Bolt Release $14.00

Services

• Lifter Welded @ C-Rums $40.00
  • Drill/Tap Carrier Release ME

Rebate

• Remington VM Synth Ends 5-31 -$100.00

TOTAL: $1,247.00

Some other things you need to keep in mind, or so I've found out.

Add a nordic low drag follower to your list. The stock is a crappy plastic one and since your already making a order with nordic it's worth it.

I just got done welding the bolt release button to the shell stop bar. I tightened the bolt release button screw pretty tight and the factory button started spinning instead of the screw coming out. I tried to stake it so it wouldn't spin but that didn't help for long. So I just welded the button from the backside. I would drill and tap it the send it off if you don't have a welder. Just takes a tac weld and some sanding and polishing and its good to go.

If you want to load fast there are a coupe things that I ave found are needed. The load port will need to be opened up. The shell stop will need to be bent and cut a little bit. but this is all trial and error to get it how you like it. Just takes some pliers or a vice and a hacksaw to open the flex cuts to allow it to bend out of the way easier when loaded.

• 1 month later...

Some other things you need to keep in mind, or so I've found out.

Add a nordic low drag follower to your list. The stock is a crappy plastic one and since your already making a order with nordic it's worth it.

I just got done welding the bolt release button to the shell stop bar. I tightened the bolt release button screw pretty tight and the factory button started spinning instead of the screw coming out. I tried to stake it so it wouldn't spin but that didn't help for long. So I just welded the button from the backside. I would drill and tap it the send it off if you don't have a welder. Just takes a tac weld and some sanding and polishing and its good to go.

If you want to load fast there are a coupe things that I ave found are needed. The load port will need to be opened up. The shell stop will need to be bent and cut a little bit. but this is all trial and error to get it how you like it. Just takes some pliers or a vice and a hacksaw to open the flex cuts to allow it to bend out of the way easier when loaded.

I just bought an 26" field and the same exact parts from Nordic. I am lost on the bolt release install. Is there any pictures on how to do so? Or can someone supply a newb one??