Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help! Remington Contact needed - Versa Max repair

j28s

Does anyone have a contact or know someone at Remington that can help with Versa Max repair?

I bought a Versa Max on February 20th, I put around 125 rounds through it on February 21st whereas the piston wall blew out (bad welding).

I contacted Remington on February 22nd whereas they sent me a UPS return label and paperwork. I didn’t have the box, so I went to Gander Mountain (where I bought the gun) and they boxed it up and shipped it back to Remington.

Remington received the gun March 1st

I get an email from them on March 5th saying Remington received the gun and they are working on it.

I call on March 7th, and they said they are waiting for a new barrel to come in from their manufacturer and they do not know the ETA.

I call on March 8th, they tell me the same thing. I ask about the Platinum Warranty on Versa Max and the 7 day turn around on repairs, they inform me that is only for cleanings, then I read from the website the warranty verbiage, and they said they would send the manufacturing manager an email and I would be contacted.

I call on March 11th, they tell me they are still waiting for the barrel to come in from manufacturing. I ask that they take a barrel off another versa max, put it on mine and send it to me. They tell me they cannot do that, and that it is not company policy. I ask about the Platinum Warranty for Versa Max and the 7 day turnaround on repairs, and he says that’s only when they have the parts available. I ask to speak to a supervisor and he tells me he will email the manufacturing manager, I ask to speak to the supervisor again, he tells me the supervisor will tell me the same thing, I ask again and put on hold for 20 minutes…I give up and hang up. I call back and same thing…put on hold and end up hanging up.

I call on March 12th (2:08pm) again, they tell me they are waiting for a barrel to come in from manufacturing. I ask about the platinum warranty for versa max and he says that’s only for cleanings (same thing as above), I read the warranty verbiage and he says no one told him they changed the warranty. He says he will contact the manufacturing manager and someone will call me back.

I call on March 13th (today at 924am), same thing again…waiting for a barrel. I say the platinum warranty stuff, he says only when they have the parts in stock. I ask for a supervisor, he says (AGAIN) he will email the manufacturing manager. I ask to speak to a supervisor again, he tells me someone will call me back. Note: this guy had an attitude that he could care less.

What in the heck? I have the gun for 24 hours, it breaks, I send it back 19 days ago and still nothing. Does anyone know anyone that can give me any answers? I just don’t understand why they can’t grab a barrel off another Versa Max, put it on mine and send it back to me. I sent an email to ‘info@remington.com’. The only phone number I can find is (800) 243-9700 (option 4, then 3 to get repairs).

Either PM me or email me at jstarnes28@gmail.com

Thank you!

Remington, Bushmaster, Marlin and DPMS are now owned by Freedom Group, a holding company owned by Cerberus Capital Management. I had a 8 month ordeal with one of my most memorable firearms mistakes, a Bushmaster ACR. After returning the rifle 3 times for repair, I somehow convinced them to buy it back. They sent a check for my ~$2300.00 purchase price, twice (processed through Remington, I believe). This demonstrates how little the left hand knows about what the right is doing over there. I have also read accounts of very poor QC and service from Marlin buyers as well. I escalated the issue early on to the service dept. manager, and it was still an uphill battle. I'm sorry to hear that they haven't corrected these issues. I hate to say this, because I like to support US businesses as much as possible, but you may want to borrow or buy an M2 while you wait.;) Sorry I can't be more helpful.

It was Federal Top Gun Target - 2 3/4" - 1 1/8 oz - #8 shot - about 1100 fps. Not powerful stuff at all.

At this point, I would like to just get my money back since no one has any idea when they will have barrels back in stock. The thing that just bugs the crap out of me is why don't/can't they just take a barrel off another Versa Max that is ready to be shipped out to a distributor, put it on mine and ship it back to me. Then, when they get the barrel from 'manufacturing' they can put it on their gun and ship it out to a distributor. Granted there may be more to it than that, but to me it sounds like they only want to 'sale sale sale', and have the people that have repairs to be made 'wait wait wait'. Just irritated to say the least.

It was Federal Top Gun Target - 2 3/4" - 1 1/8 oz - #8 shot - about 1100 fps. Not powerful stuff at all.

At this point, I would like to just get my money back since no one has any idea when they will have barrels back in stock. The thing that just bugs the crap out of me is why don't/can't they just take a barrel off another Versa Max that is ready to be shipped out to a distributor, put it on mine and ship it back to me. Then, when they get the barrel from 'manufacturing' they can put it on their gun and ship it out to a distributor. Granted there may be more to it than that, but to me it sounds like they only want to 'sale sale sale', and have the people that have repairs to be made 'wait wait wait'. Just irritated to say the least.

Believe me, I understand, Buddy.

That assumes they have any Versa Max's in stock. My bet would be they are sending them out as soon as they are made, then waiting around on more parts to build additional guns. Not excusing the service (and really hoping mine doesn't do the same thing when I get it back from the smith).