Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo witness Gold Team

5.37KG = 11.8lbs

6.15KG = 13.5lbs

I don't know the weight of the spring that was in the gun from the factory, but it is lighter than the 11 lb one. I refer to it as the 'default' spring. I can say that in my Gold Custom, the default spring wouldn't always let factory Winchester +P ammo cycle! It works fine for my bunny fart Minor load. I use the 11 lb spring for my Major load, which is right at 170PF with a 130 gr bullet.

Well I took the wire measurment and did the calculation.

The One in the gun , .093" about 4.59Kg or 10.1 Lbs so this one should go for the factory barrel

the .098 is 5.37 Kg or 11.8 Lbs

the .103 is 6.15 Kg or 13.5

kamicosmos what powder are you using , I only have Titegroup and H335, and so far nothing on sale , so I'm gonna try my first reload 125RN cst, cci primer with 4.8 and 5.1 gr.

thanks for the input .

• 1 month later...

I was using Power Pistol for my loads, which was working okay. However, talking with a couple other Gold Custom shooters at my club, and they heartily recommended IMR 7625. So, I ordered a few pounds a while back, and it just arrived on Friday. So I will be starting load development with it soon.....as soon as I find some primers!

• 4 weeks later...

I was using Power Pistol for my loads, which was working okay. However, talking with a couple other Gold Custom shooters at my club, and they heartily recommended IMR 7625. So, I ordered a few pounds a while back, and it just arrived on Friday. So I will be starting load development with it soon.....as soon as I find some primers!

7625 seems a bit fast, no?

I've been using VV340 in mine and though the load is extremely accurate, I'm going to try something slower like 3n37 to get the comp a little more gas to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

Kamicosmos, how your load are doing with the IMR 7625 ?

Just recently got a few test loads worked up. Powder is very nice! Gun recoils very softly with it, and it's fast! I figured 6 grains would be minor, but nope 1330fps with a 130gr! So, my next batch I'll drop down around 5.6-5.8, see where those chrono at.