Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range brass costs

tohm

The last time i bought 40 range brass in bulk (5000) I paid 2.5 cents per round. What is the current going price (if there is one) for 40 and 223? I now the market is dynamic I would like to know in case I run across some again. What are the average quantity price brakes and how much do you save?

Tom

Tom,

There was an ad earlier in the Classifieds for .40 Brass:

1 large flat rate box packed to the gills.

Brass is twice fired at most, all has been sized/deprimed and tumbled.

$130 shipped

----------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Where are 223 prices?

It seems according to this 40's are 3.5 to 6.5 cents per case if I am reading correctly. I saw on another estimate that a large flat rate box at 2000 rounds. As an experiment i am going to get a box fill it and weigh and count the contents. I will post it a friend of mine has a postal scale so i should get close estimates.

Out of the three dollars per pound how much would you estimate were unuasble (22's or Al case) under 10%? Or was that sorted into reload-able brass? Here they sell the sweepings as is unsorted.

That doesn't sound too bad honestly. I believe my last buy was 4 years ago and i don't recall what i paid, I thought it was around a dime a round. My memory is not what it used to be! A guy I shot with got a 55 gallon drum from a scrap dealer (5.56 military brass) as a favor because he knew he liked to shoot! I am not so lucky.

I would prefer not to be labeled as anally retentive, however I filled a USPS Large Flat Rate Box with 40 brass. It was not bulging and rattled a little, however it was full. I weighed it on a postal scale at 41 lbs. The piece count was 4,151. So if i bought this box for $130 it would have paid .031393 per round. I guess some may want to round that to 3.1 cents a round? Any way I just wanted to share this experiment.

Tom