Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet runout and Hornady Lock n Load die bushings

doulos

I'm not sure how they two would be related. The L-N-L bushing system is extremely solid with no slop that I've noticed in the 10+ die sets I've used them with. Runnout would be far more impacted by the dies themselves, the brass and the prep work you do on it. I can't imagine that you'd have any variation compared to a traditional screw in die.

Heck, I think for the average reloader it actually helps maintain consistency. Once I've dialed in my bullet seater, it stays dialed in. I don't have to worry about any subsequent changes in seating depth/setup when switching calibers back and forth.

I'm about to uprade to a Redding press, and I'll likely buy the LNL conversion bushing when I do. It's just that easy.

I'm not sure how they two would be related. The L-N-L bushing system is extremely solid with no slop that I've noticed in the 10+ die sets I've used them with. Runnout would be far more impacted by the dies themselves, the brass and the prep work you do on it. I can't imagine that you'd have any variation compared to a traditional screw in die.

Heck, I think for the average reloader it actually helps maintain consistency. Once I've dialed in my bullet seater, it stays dialed in. I don't have to worry about any subsequent changes in seating depth/setup when switching calibers back and forth.

I'm about to uprade to a Redding press, and I'll likely buy the LNL conversion bushing when I do. It's just that easy.

thanks

Ive been using them for pistol cartridges on a Rockchucker for a while now. But was wondering about rifle cartridges.

I just ordered a Redding Big Boss 2. I like the primer disposal method on it.

• 2 months later...