Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New solid moonclips for 646 in stock

Carmoney

Carmoney,

My wife ran her 646 at a steel match yesterday and had two of the new solid clips that wouldn't work. Both times the revolver wouldn't close. Unfortunately, she demooned them and put them in with the others. I'll remoon them all and check them out.

I hope Ranch starts making these soon!

50 new moonclips for her 610 arrived yesterday and they work beautifully. $35 for 50 610 clips isn't cheap but they work.

Dave

I talked with Steve at ranch products one day last week. He said he had the steel (.035") and that the drawings were at the tool maker's awaiting the die to be built. He also said that he had press time scheduled as soon as he gets the die from the shop. He was hopeful that he would be shipping in 4+ weeks. As there were only 900 646s made and his market is going to be low he anticipated that cost would be $1 - $1.25 per clip.

JNT

Carmoney,

My wife ran her 646 at a steel match yesterday and had two of the new solid clips that wouldn't work. Both times the revolver wouldn't close. Unfortunately, she demooned them and put them in with the others. I'll remoon them all and check them out.

I hope Ranch starts making these soon!

50 new moonclips for her 610 arrived yesterday and they work beautifully. $35 for 50 610 clips isn't cheap but they work.

Dave

I paid that for 10 of the solid 646 clips from Kilhoffer. :angry:

They all seemed to work fine, though.

Dave, sounds like your wife may have had a high primer situation. You'll know when you try them again, I guess.