Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Light Loads for the 308 for 3 gun

swandme

Well just an update

My favorite combo so far after over 700 rounds fired since March is derived from matching the Bullet impact of the 110 Hornady Vmax to the 168 Grain Nosler CC its a great combination.

photo-4_zpsbbe32f90.png

I achieved the very similar point of impact with a number of factors and lots of range and Chrono testing in the Back yard

as well as using the " Shooter " App for my iPhone

Just the results

40.0 Grains of H322 over a Win LR primer in a OFB Lake City Case kept the pressure up and the Vel down to match the Trajectory of my favorite 308 load for the 168 41.5 IMR 8208 . Both are amazingly accurate. and within an inch out to 400 yards and I will use the 168 anything past 250 anyway.

FYI The Point of impact of the Hornady and the Nosler 168 are within 1/4 in at 100 but the Nosler Balistic tips in all 5 of my 308's print 1 MOA to the right I found this to be very strange but consistent across the board. Hope this helps your Game

Dan

post-14561-0-94359200-1359005985_thumb.p

I assume you are shooting a black gun have you checked the tips on your BT bullets that are in your mag? I have a Scar 17 and it crush the tip a little due to recoil they still fly great IMO. Im not good enought to really tell the difference was hitting at 600 with them. But just wanted to see your input

110's at 2850 = 313 Power Factor…Not something I'd use in competition.

One of the little things that bugged me about the Heavy Divisions, the overlooked power factor.

Never lost a match.

Never used anything less potent than 145 grain NATO ball. (385PF)

Yea I know…who really cares about "sprit" or intent.

First of all Patrick just wanted to congratulate you on your success and the fine shooting you have shared with us on youtube,

My 4 boys and I check them out to get inspired to try new things. From 7 years old on up we are all excited about shooting.

I especially like the mirror with the M1a

Thanks for sharing

I'm All for spirit and my intent was to cut down on pain in my shoulder from an injury.

Any Game I play that has power factors I always exceed with a nice margin in case the weather is cold ect...

I have not seen any PF info in the major matches I an signed up for. And I will look at the 168 @ 2650 = 445 PF

and the 110's @ 2850 = 315 with an average of 380. almost as good as your 147's = 385

:D

One of the little things that bugged me about the Heavy Divisions, the overlooked power factor.

Never lost a match.

Thank you for your kind words. Mine may not appear to have been so. For that I am sorry :(

I have been cranky as of late. Not a good excuse for a poor reply.

You are right, many matches do not specify but Superstition SMG3 does at 320 so you are close.

The HM concept (sprit etc) came from Eddie Rhoads, Kurt Miller, Jimmy Holdsworth (if I haven't butchered the facts)

I believe 360 was their PF, as a number easily had by NATO ball.

I think the Old SOF match was 380PF.

Be that as it may light loads make sense to your shoulder so have at it and in good health.

(oh and 380PF with a 110??? that would be 3450fps!)

First of all Patrick just wanted to congratulate you on your success and the fine shooting you have shared with us on youtube,

My 4 boys and I check them out to get inspired to try new things. From 7 years old on up we are all excited about shooting.

I especially like the mirror with the M1a

Thanks for sharing

I'm All for spirit and my intent was to cut down on pain in my shoulder from an injury.

Any Game I play that has power factors I always exceed with a nice margin in case the weather is cold ect...

I have not seen any PF info in the major matches I an signed up for. And I will look at the 168 @ 2650 = 445 PF

and the 110's @ 2850 = 315 with an average of 380. almost as good as your 147's = 385

Never lost a match.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

" look at the 168 @ 2650 = 445 PF and the 110's @ 2850 = 315 with an average of 380. almost as good as your 147's = 385"

Hi Patrick

Take the average of the 168 at 445 and the 110 at 313 and thats where my 380 average came from.

Thanks for the response

Dan