Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Case Feed Issues

Got the 650 a couple of months ago and have had nothing but problems with it.

Issue 1: The casefeed body assembly has a crack through it near where the case drops down onto the slide (casefeed arm). I described the problem to Dillon and sent it in, but they returned it still broken- must not be a problem in their eyes, what do you guys think?

Issue 2: The Case insert doesn't reliably push the casefeed arm in far enough to get the case to drop. I have to really snap the handle to the end of the stroke to get it to drop. The case insert is adjusted past the furthest limit of its travel- the molded screw insert stripped, so I replace it with a 1/4" machine screw and wing nut.

Issue 3: When it does drop a case, approximately 40% of the time the slide cam seems to stick in the rearward position for a moment (out of contact with the cammin pin) and then will spring forward, typically launching a piece of brass out of the press and onto the floor.

Anyone have any idea what the issue is? I spent alot of money on this and don't feel like paying my own money in shipping parts back to remedy design or material flaws.

I would call Dillon back and ask them WTF?! lol Let them know the problem you had before was NOT fixed and insist they make it right. Grant it, we are all humans and someone could have over looked it at Dillon, but they should make it right. Keep us updated

Got the 650 a couple of months ago and have had nothing but problems with it.

Be Patient, 650 is a wonderful and reliable machine.

Issue 1: The casefeed body assembly has a crack through it near where the case drops down onto the slide (casefeed arm). I described the problem to Dillon and sent it in, but they returned it still broken- must not be a problem in their eyes, what do you guys think

If you think is it broken then look at the part number and call dillon for a replacement and replace it yourself. Dillon 650 has no BS warranty fully transfferable.

Issue 2: The Case insert doesn't reliably push the casefeed arm in far enough to get the case to drop. I have to really snap the handle to the end of the stroke to get it to drop. The case insert is adjusted past the furthest limit of its travel- the molded screw insert stripped, so I replace it with a 1/4" machine screw and wing nut.

Adjust the camming PIN 13371 up. It regulates how deep your casefeed arm going to the plates.

Issue 3: When it does drop a case, approximately 40% of the time the slide cam seems to stick in the rearward position for a moment (out of contact with the cammin pin) and then will spring forward, typically launching a piece of brass out of the press and onto the floor

Try to lube the Case insert slide and cam 97082. Make sure you are using the right side because you have to flip them for pistol and for rifle. You may want to replace your case insert slide spring 13937.

Hope it works buddy!