Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tiger49931

Well 1/15/2013 worked my loads up and got a pretty good grouping at 15 yards 6 shot sub 1 inch on my STI uspsa 1911 and my S&W 625 Fresh back from Clark custom guns. Need to get more bullets.

First part of my practice with my m&p went great.

times not the fastest but all Center .

faster but not as acurate.

Need more dry fire. Yes i know i need to lose weight also. going to get more video so i can really watch my draw and my presentation.

More and practice. Hard to do with the temp outside at -10 degrees.

I love the idea of being able to log on here whats up.

Local IDPA match list

Jan 20, 2013, Feb 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013 and Apr 14, 2013 all indoor matches.

Goals:

gym 3 days a week

Pool 2 times a week

shooting at least 2 live fire sessions and 3 dryfire a week.

Looking forward to reading posts about your journey.

I'm on a major dry fire kick especially doing reload practice.

I dropped 35 pounds just by following this free iPhone app http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ . Just knowing how many calories are going into my mouth keeps me from eating too much. I won't say anymore because I'm already sounding like a commercial.

DNH

Lol hear that ... well first local indoor tournament is tomorrow hoping to do well. Will be shooting my M&P 9L all apexed out. just finished handloading the 100 rounds for the match round count they said would be 73 but you know how that goes. Think im going to do another 50 just to be safe ...

Well first local match done and results are in i took first place in ssP catagory edged out closest competitor by just over a second. Also learned that i must get back to the range after doing a load to work the kinks out of all my competition handguns. (lesson learned) Brought out my M&P for the match with the new PF loads forgot to put a lesser tension spring in the pistol but after a shackey start and a re-shoot i was able to get the lighter spring in and finish the match. With no more hickups. all and all a great day of fun with a gun.

Edited by tiger49931

Looking forward to seeing your progress! I am also using a M&PL in 9. I havent made any modifications to the pistol yet, but have heard great things about apex...how are you liking the trigger? I am also going to be getting into reloading soon, and will be curious to see what sort of load recipes you have success with, as we are shooting the same pistol. congrats on the win and good luck!

Oh, and btw, I need to lose weight too! Haha

Edited by rpcruab

• 2 weeks later...

with this one i would suggest if you do the apex i would do all the apex. like the RAM, trigger competition only ( its light and amazing tho i did keep the regular trigger) and all upgradable parts. My last practice session i got a few draw times on target ( +1 ) but under 1 sec registering a .94 and a .99. so practice makes perfect. I was sierra jacketed bullets with TG but have since switched to bear creek bullets so i am still working on getting the powder adn load ready but will post when i have it. But i did open a facebook page called Jeffstroudshootist if anyone wants to hook up on facebook and talk or share match data places and events...

• 4 weeks later...

Still rockin this out using Seeklanders book and trying to get a better grip and more speed on my draw. Had a BLAH night at the range tonight just not feeling it ya know. only did 150 rounds before i left didn't want to waste to much ammo when i wasn't really into it. Still gotta find time to dryfire practice.